Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Christmas Message (for Nu'uanu Ward)

Christmas Message Aloha and Konnichiwa from the Land of the Rising Sun! Thank you for all of your prayers and support for not only my family and I but for all of the missionaries across the globe. As we come to this joyful Christmas season let us always remember the Savior and his sacrifice on our behalf. It is because of Him, that we are able to have joy in this life and in the life to come. As I have served here in Japan i have come to gain a testimony of God and the Savior`s love for us, as I think of this a favorite scripture comes to mind. In 1 Nephi 21:14-16 it reads... 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. 15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. If anyone has ever accidentally or purposefully marked their hand with a pen they can speak from experience that you see this mark often throughout the day. Every time the Savior of the world sees His hands He is reminded of his love for us. That we may always remember Him is my prayer, and what could be a better way than to heed to the council which Christ gave to Peter; "feed my lambs". (John 21:15) This Christmas season is the greatest chance we have to introduce those whom we love and care about to their Savior. Let us go forth and serve the Lord, for if he is with us whom shall we fear? I love you all and i wish you all a Mele Kalikimaka Elder Jonah Yee (Yee Chorro)

No comments:

Post a Comment